Posted by Paul Griffiths as 3: Season Three
The Muckleborgh Collection stands on the site of Weybourne Camp, a military installation on the North Norfolk Coast.
The collection itself was started by Berry Savory, a WW II fighter pilot, in 1988. It is the UK’s largest collection of military vehicles still in private hands and consists of more than 120 tanks, vehicles and guns. Included in this are working examples of the famous Sherman tank and the Russian T34. The heart of the museum is based in the old Naafi building, the only surviving original structure. The rest of the older military buildings were demolished in 1986.
Weybourne Camp, the site of the collection, was originally used as an Anti-Aircraft Artillery training range. It was the main live firing range for ACK-ACK command during the war. Facing German-occupied Europe during WWII, the Norfolk coastline became a controlled zone by the British forces. This controlled zone extended 10km deep into the North Sea around Norfolk. Weybourne Camp was a vital part of this zone.
Although mainly associated with the war, the area occupied by the camp has a history dating back even further. Norfolk was one of the main landing grounds for Viking raiders, the nearby steeply raked beaches were perfect landing sites for their longships. Continuing the military connection it also has within the grounds a rare example of a WWI pillbox.
The site has a number of reputed hauntings. Lights have been seen over the artillery practice range, footsteps heard and cold spots felt in one of the corridors and mysterious shadows seen in the main hall
First broadcast: 2nd December 2003
Leave a Comment:
- Most Haunted News
- Most Haunted Live
- Live Series
- Live USA
- Gothic Prague Live 2010
- Ghost Hunting With
- Midsummer Murders
- Most Haunted DVD
- Most Haunted Chat
- Haunted Magazine
- Paranormal News
- You Tube
- Claire in Most Haunted ChatHi Paul You beat the hackers again well done good to see Tribute back xxx December 19, 2013, 7:48 pm
- Bryan Baker in Yvette Fielding Calls Derek Acorah A FakeHi Derek, So what was that about with the Ford Ka? You didn’t see that one coming did you? If you are December 9, 2013, 1:52 pm
- Moira in Most Haunted To Return Online On New Website Most Haunted ChannelWho is Brian on most Haunted!!!! Get him off he’s over bearing This this this. Wish he would stop December 6, 2013, 6:29 pm
- john barnett in Old Hall Hotel, SandbachGreat place to stay youv got to stay there to beleave it .proper scary things fly round the room .screaming December 1, 2013, 11:16 pm
- Bonnie Anderson in Ghost Hunting With… Presented by Yvette FieldingME AND BEOTHERS LOVE YOUR PROGRAME IT WOULD BE A DREAM TO COME WITH YOU ON A GOST HUNT November 29, 2013, 1:57 am
- Elise (eccentric , ghost watching, night nurse) in Most Haunted To Return Online On New Website Most Haunted ChannelThere really is’ somebody there’ after all, fantastic! My pathetic attempts at thought-begging-transference may have worked.You really have raised my November 26, 2013, 9:23 pm