Posted by Paul Griffiths as Most Haunted News
Living TV has finally released the rights to Most Haunted back to Karl Beattie and Antix Productions. This means Karl could now take the show to another TV station.
The statement from Living TV said: “We have decided not to recommission Most Haunted and will be giving Antix Productions the right to take it to another channel if they wish,” Sky Living said. “We would like to thank Yvette Fielding and Karl Beattie for all of their hard work and commitment over the years.”
The statement continued: “Like every commercial TV channel, Sky Living is constantly developing new ideas. We recognise our customers’ appetite for paranormal programming and have recently aired a series about popular psychic Sally Morgan and original scripted drama Bedlam, which proved to be the channel’s most successful commissioned series in its history.
“As well as paranormal, the channel will build on other successful genres, from scripted comedy to real-life relationships, which we know our customers also enjoy.”
The news was posted on Karl Beattie’s Facebook and in the Sun Newspaper.
Karl Beattie posted on his Facebook on 12th August 2011
Hi Guys Just wanted to give you the official news. SkyLiving has decided not to re-commission MH which is sad news, however, we have been given our rights back, so we can go to other broadcasters with it. I think that a new home and better investigation techniques will move MH into the next phase making it bigger and better than ever. We are very excited about MH’s future, so onwards and upwards my paranormal friends. xx
The Sun 13th August
GHOST-busting show Most Haunted has been axed by Sky Living – a year after Yvette Fielding quit.
The channel will return the programme rights to production company Antix, run by Yvette, 42, and husband Karl Beattie.
A spokesman said Sky Living will focus on other paranormal TV, including psychic Sally Morgan’s show and drama Bedlam.
On 27th October 2011, Karl Beattie announced via his Facebook profile;
“Unfortunately we didn’t have enough time to get a programme sorted for halloween, getting all the rights back took much longer than first thought. But we are back now, next year we will be looking to go bigger and better than ever before and we will take halloween back.
We are about to sign a very exciting deal with a very large company to take Most Haunted to the next level. So watch this space. And thanks for all of your support and undying loyalty, which in this industry is a very rare thing indeed, thank you all it means so much.”
649 comments so far
Leave a Comment:
- Most Haunted News
- Most Haunted Live
- Live Series
- Live USA
- Gothic Prague Live 2010
- Ghost Hunting With
- Midsummer Murders
- Most Haunted DVD
- Most Haunted Chat
- Haunted Magazine
- Paranormal News
- You Tube
- john barnett in Old Hall Hotel, SandbachGreat place to stay youv got to stay there to beleave it .proper scary things fly round the room .screaming December 1, 2013, 11:16 pm
- Bonnie Anderson in Ghost Hunting With… Presented by Yvette FieldingME AND BEOTHERS LOVE YOUR PROGRAME IT WOULD BE A DREAM TO COME WITH YOU ON A GOST HUNT November 29, 2013, 1:57 am
- Elise (eccentric , ghost watching, night nurse) in Most Haunted To Return Online On New Website Most Haunted ChannelThere really is’ somebody there’ after all, fantastic! My pathetic attempts at thought-begging-transference may have worked.You really have raised my November 26, 2013, 9:23 pm
- Elise (eccentric ghost watching night nurse) in Return Of Most Haunted Update – June 2013When are you coming back Yvette and Karl,Kieran et al ? Knock once for this year, and twice for next. November 26, 2013, 8:40 pm
- gary f in Karl Beatties Gives His Opinion On Most Haunted Social Media Sitesive got every dvd of mh released and believe in a fair bit of it.sadly people are jealous and spiteful November 23, 2013, 3:09 am
- vi in Ghost Hunting With Coronation Streeti swear to god the ghost of coronation street is my granddad! November 22, 2013, 6:19 pm