Captain Christopher Billopp built this grand stone manor overlooking the Arthur Kill and Perth Amboy, New Jersey, around 1680, and his grandson, Colonel Christopher Billopp, owned the house when it was taken over by Admiral Lord Richard Howe, head of the British Forces in the Americas.
The museum is named in memory of the 1776 conference convened at the house in an attempt to end the Revolutionary War.
The Conference House is owned by the City of New York, is operated by the Conference House Association, and is a member of the Historic House Trust.
The investigation team held a large group séance in the kitchen basement of the house and the results were amazing.
First Broadcast: 3rd March 2009
A self confessed super fan of Most Haunted and editor of GhostMag.com. Matt’s passion for ghost hunting began when he moved into a haunted house in his second year of university in Leicester! His favourite location is the Niddry Street Vaults in Edinburgh.