The second pavillion in Matlock, also known as the Royal Pavillion. It was built in 1910 at a cost of £10,000 opposite the Fishpond Hotel.
Clearly designed to impress, it was built of brick with a large central dome and two smaller domes. It contained a theatre, a large ground floor room and a Pump Room.
The building has had many uses including a roller skating rink and a billet for soldiers during the war. The building was also the pump room for the town and spring waters would be pumped up into the area that is now the mining museum.
First Broadcast: 20th March 2007
A self confessed super fan of Most Haunted and editor of GhostMag.com. Matt’s passion for ghost hunting began when he moved into a haunted house in his second year of university in Leicester! His favourite location is the Niddry Street Vaults in Edinburgh.